Administration Employment Opportunity
POSTING FOR HEAD OF SCHOOL, THE VILLAGE CHARTER SCHOOL
TRENTON, NEW JERSEY
The Village Charter School (founded in 1999), a high-performing K-8 charter school with nearly 360 students located on its beautiful campus in Trenton, NJ, seeks a superior individual and educational leader to become its Head of School (HOS).
The Head of School will be responsible for the overall education, business, fundraising, professional, and strategic vision for The Village Charter School, consistent with the direction of the Board of Trustees and in accordance with the highest educational standards set by the NJ Department of Education. The HOS is directly responsible to The Village Charter School Board of Trustees. The primary roles of the HOS are to ensure fulfillment of the mission of The Village Charter School, to foster the maximum academic, intellectual and emotional growth of its students and to help its learners become leaders.
- A passion for education, particularly advocacy for urban students and charter schools is a must.
- A master’s degree is required with an advanced degree highly preferred.
- Must demonstrate service under a valid NJ DOE Principal certification.
- Superior (minimum of 10 years) executive leadership experience developing and managing an educational enterprise.
- Demonstrated proficiency in running a similarly complex and sized organization, including the necessary financial acumen to understand financial statements and operational skills to gain efficiencies and implement process improvement measures.
- Previous educational management experience with demonstrated and measureable results.
- Previous fundraising and development experience with demonstrated success in securing grants and raising funds.
- Experience in working directly with a Board to achieve significant strategic results.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with, and inspire the trust of, students, parents, teachers, staff and various other internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent management skills; ability to lead through teamwork and cooperation.
- Puts a premium on the values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, responsibility and transparency.
- Experience using technology and analytics as tools to measure success.
- A passionate personal alignment with the vision and mission of The Village Charter School.
- Must successfully pass a NJ DOE Criminal History Review Unit background check.
Those interested in applying, please send a cover letter, copy of certification and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Open Until Filled